High School Area Show & Congressional Art Competition
April 25 - May 24, 2014
This annual juried exhibition features work by artists 18 years or younger, in grades 9-12, residing in Allegan, Barry, Berrien, Branch, Calhoun, Cass, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph and Van Buren counties. The exhibition hosts over 100 pieces of art and offers a variety of mediums, including: glass, 2-D, 3-D, video, ceramics, metal, jewelry and more!
Prizes and Awards
- Five $100 cash awards, regardless of medium
- One KIA Kirk Newman Art School $100 Summer 2014 Scholarship
- Up to three Cleveland Institute of Art Scholarships of up to $40,000 over the course of 4 years of undergraduate study to high school juniors
- $500 Cleveland Institute of Art Summer Pre-college Program Scholarship may be awarded to a sophomore or junior
- Up to three Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University Scholarships of up to $12,000 each over the course of 4 years of undergraduate study
- Up to three Western Michigan University Gwen Frostic School of Art Scholarships of up to $12,000 each over the course of 4 years of undergraduate study
- 6th District Congressional Art Competition Winner One winning piece will be selected by the juror for inclusion in the national Congressional Art Competition at the U.S. Capitol. Some High School Area Show entries will not meet requirements for the 6th District Congressional Art Competition. Complete CAC information can be found at upton.house.gov
Wagner Forest, Self Portrait, 2014, acrylic on Masonite.
Back to Past Exhibitions