Employment at the KIA
The Kalamazoo Institute of Arts is a leading nonprofit art museum and school. Since 1924, the institute has offered art classes, exhibitions, lectures, events, activities and a permanent collection. The KIA's mission is to cultivate the creation and appreciation of the visual arts in West Michigan. We believe the visual arts are for everyone. They inspire, fulfill, and transform. Throughout the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts, numerous individuals work every day to enrich the lives of others through the visual arts. In addition, faculty members in the Kirk Newman Art School instruct students of all ages in a wide variety of media.
POSITION TITLE: ADVANCEMENT MANAGER
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION
Summary of Position: Develop and implement strategies to increase membership, annual fund giving, and corporate support.
- Develop and facilitate fundraising and marketing plans for individual and corporate memberships, small business giving, the KIA Annual Fund, and other special giving programs. Further develop our online giving program to include social media initiatives. Attract new members through research, identification, and cultivation.
- Establish measurable goals and objectives for individual and corporate members, small business giving, the KIA Annual Fund, and other special giving programs. Two of those goals being the annual budgets for memberships and Annual Fund.
- Design and implement the fundraising and marketing activities associated with the aforementioned giving cycles, including but not limited to: mailings; reports; recording and processing transactions and acknowledgments; production of research, materials and communications (print and electronic); and preparation and maintenance of tracking documents for these giving categories and related Office of Advancement priorities.
- Manage and maintain/oversee accurate donor, prospect, and member records, and constituent transactions via the Raiser's Edge database platform. Manage/monitor membership renewals, solicitations, and clerical functions.
- Maintain a giving calendar with appropriate follow-up for patrons.
- Design and implement special campaigns to attract new givers. Design and implement events for the various giving categories. Assist the Director of Advancement with other relevant giving events.
- Establish and maintain relationships with individuals, businesses, and corporations in the current portfolio, and position those individuals for fundraising requests consistent with KIA priorities. Host a minimum of four to five significant interactions (meetings, lunches, KIA gallery visits, substantive conversations, etc.) with donors and prospects each week.
- Plan, produce, and host special events and fundraisers that involve members, donors, and prospects.
- Assist the Director of Advancement in researching, identifying, and applying for institutional (foundation and government) grants.
- nvolve, as appropriate, KIA trustees, Executive Director, curators, advancement office colleagues, and volunteer groups (e.g., the KIA Board Advancement Committee) in cultivation and solicitation activities. Secure and maintain community leaders as members and advisers.
- Work closely with Curatorial, Education, School, and Advancement staff, design and execute a program of events and activities to engage prospective and current donors.
- Secure opportunities, associations and collaborations in the community that will build positive relationships with targeted groups. Deliver presentations about the KIA to area organizations.
- Manage Corporate Art Program
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement
- 3+ years experience in development, membership, marketing and proven success with fundraising.
- Experience with Raiser's Edge (preferred), or other comparable nonprofit database.
- Experience in public-facing, relationship-building, and relationship-maintaining positions.
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to develop productive relationships with members/donors/clients and internal staff.
- Ability to represent the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts effectively through public speaking engagements and other community events.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, expert level written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media platforms is required.
- Creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Willingness to support overall department goals.
Physical Job Requirements: While performing this job, the employee will be required to sit, stand, walk, reach, lift/move up to 30 lbs occasionally, do close work with a computer monitor and perform repetitive hand movements. Employee required to be able to have written and verbal conversations.
Please forward a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Advancement Manager in the subject line or by mail to Kalamazoo Institute of Arts, 314 S. Park Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49007. No phone calls, please.
POSITION TITLE: HEAD OF SECURITY
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Classification: Full Time; Exempt
DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION
Summary of position: Manage the planning, coordination, and implementation of daily operations for the security department. Responsible for providing a safe, secure environment for staff, faculty, volunteers, and visitors. Ensures protection of buildings, parking lots, grounds, and contents. Key customer service officer for the organization.
- Interviews, hires, schedules, and supervises security staff
- Trains new hires on security procedures
- Oversee interior and exterior of all KIA property, including Arts Fair
- Manage building security, including video security
- Works with other areas to provide facility coverage at all times
- Establishes strategies to protect and secure integrity of museum s collection
- Collaborates with staff to ensure the highest level of customer experience with museum visitors, school visitors, patrons and staff
- Maintains the security system; including but not limited to video surveillance
- Prepares and updates the fire alarm and severe weather policies; makes emergency announcements
- Develops emergency operation plans and procedures
- Reviews and maintains incident reports
- Maintains security guard training, protocols, and uniforms
- Collects and organizes the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Track monthly totals of visitors for organization
- Assists the Director of Facilities with the preparation of the Security Department budget
- Performs security guard duties to include working special events
- Act as liaison with law enforcement
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities
- Minimum of 5 years security or law enforcement experience.
- Bachelor s Degree in Criminology, Business, Business Management or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Formal security training.
- First aid, CPR/AED, and blood borne pathogen certifications.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Friendly and personable.
- Position requires variable work schedule including evening and weekend hours
- Ability to work independently while following directions.
Physical Job Requirements: While performing this job, the employee will be required to sit, stand and work, to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally, do close work with a computer monitor and perform repetitive hand movements. Employee must be able to communicate verbally.
The KIA is an equal opportunity, equal access employer that is fully committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Please forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Head of Security in the subject line or by mail to Kalamazoo Institute of Arts, 314 S. Park Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49007. No phone calls, please.