2012 BILLBOARD ART CONTEST WINNERS
The Kalamazoo Institute of Arts congratulates our 2012 Billboard Art Winners! They are:
- Alec Hall, Painter - Allegan, MI
- Melody Allen, Painter - Kalamazoo, MI
- Fran Dwight, Photographer - Kalamazoo, MI
- Colin Howe, Photographer - Kalamazoo, MI
- Nicca Fikkert, Photographer - Kalamazoo, MI
- Rebecca Hungerford, Sculptor - St. Joseph, MI
- Jerry Bowman, Painter - Lawton, MI
- Susan Keen, Painter - Kalamazoo, MI
- Dave Middleton, Drawing - Gobles, MI
- Paul Marquardt, Digital Media - Kalamazoo, MI
More than 8,500 votes poured in to narrow 20 finalists to 10 winners. These artists will each receive a billboard that will rotate among 1,300 regional sites in Southwest Michigan for one year. The billboards will be erected at the end of May.
The 2012 Billboard Art Contest winners will be feted at a celebration with a mini gallery showing during Art & All That Jazz on September 21, 5:30 - 7:30 pm. The public will have the opportunity to meet the artists and purchase their work.
Congratulations to our 2012 Billboard Art Contest winners!
*WMUK coverage of Billboard Art featuring Paul Marquardt!