2018 High School Area Show and Congressional Art Competition
Exhibition Dates: May 18-June 10, 2018
Now in it's 36th year, the High School Area Show is a unique opportunity for students in grades 9-12 to have their achievements recognized in a museum while being eligible for over $300,000 in scholarships! Eligible students entering the High School Area Show may also have work considered for the 6th District Congressional Art Competition as well.
Students who reside in the Michigan counties of Allegan, Barry, Berrien, Branch, Calhoun, Cass, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph, or Van Buren counties are eligible to participate
Join the artists and their families on Thursday. May 17; 5:30-7:30 pm for the Opening Reception & Award Ceremony.
Among the scholarships and awards given will be:
- Juror's $100 cash awards
- KIA Kirk Newman Art School Summer Class Scholarships
- Western Michigan University Gwen Frostic School of Art Scholarships
- Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University Scholarships
- Cleveland Institute of Art Scholarships
- University of Michigan Stamps School of Art and Design full Scholarship
- Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design Scholarships
- Olivet College will scholarship awards
6th District Congressional Art Competition will choose one piece to be hang for 1 year in the U.S. Capitol as part of the national Congressional Art Competition. The artist will receive free airfare for two to Washington, D.C. and an invitation to the Artist Reception.
2018 Juror: Karina Galvan Moore, Director of Admissions for the University of Michigan Stamps School of Art and Design.
For questions about the High School Area Show, contact:
Michelle Stempien at email@example.com