2018 High School Area Show and Congressional Art Competition
Exhibition Dates: May 18-June 10, 2018
Now in it's 36th year, the High School Area Show is a unique opportunity for students in grades 9-12 to have their achievements recognized in a museum while being eligible for over $300,000 in scholarships! Eligible students entering the High School Area Show may also have work considered for the 6th District Congressional Art Competition as well.
Students who reside in the Michigan counties of Allegan, Barry, Berrien, Branch, Calhoun, Cass, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph, or Van Buren counties are eligible to participate
- February 1-March 31 - Digital entries accepted
- Thursday, April 12 - Deadline for payment to be received by KIA
- Monday, April 16 - Notification Day
- Thursday-Friday, April 26-27; 12-7 pm - Accepted art delivered
- Thursday, May 17; 5:30-7:30 pm - Opening Reception & Award Ceremony
- Six Juror's $100 cash awards, regardless of medium
- Five KIA Kirk Newman Art School Summer Class Scholarships
- Eight Western Michigan University Gwen Frostic School of Art Scholarships
- Thirteen Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University Scholarships
- Six Cleveland Institute of Art Scholarships
- One University of Michigan Stamps School of Art and Design full Scholarship
- Six Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design Scholarships
New this year:
Olivet College will make scholarship awards to exhibiting students this year.
6th District Congressional Art Competition: One piece will be selected by U.S Representative Fred Upton's office to hang for 1 year in the U.S. Capitol as part of the national Congressional Art Competition. The artist will receive free airfare for two to Washington, D.C. and an invitation to the Artist Reception.
2018 Juror: Karina Galvan Moore, Director of Admissions for the University of Michigan Stamps School of Art and Design.
For questions about the High School Area Show, contact:
Michelle Stempien at firstname.lastname@example.org