This year's feature exhibition:
Do It! Interpretation and Creation
October 27, 2018 - March 3, 2019
From Marcel Duchamp to the Kalamazoo Junior Choir the interpretation of instructions has become an art. Do It! is "an exhibition based on artists' instructions that, like a musical score can be reimagined and reworked in numerous ways." Collaboration, interpretation and fun are all built into this show. In this exhibition students will have the opportunity to learn:
- Critical Thinking (PBL, Ambiguity, Open-ended Questions)
- Artistic (Process, Collaboration, Materials, Authorship)
- Language (Communication, Translation of Ideas, Audience)
- Collaboration (Ideas, Process, Implementation)
- Writing (Technical vs. Interpretative)
ABSTRACT REDUX NEW TOUR!
The how and why of Abstract Art will be revealed through conversation and looking. Students will be guided through an exploration of this often misunderstood form of art. Delve deeper into the complex themes, ideas, and gestures behind deceivingly "simple" works of art. We can always provide an ArtLab experience for any of our tours.
STEM TO STEAM (through Sculpture) NEW TOUR!
Artists are explorers, designers, and engineers! Explore our sculptural objects and learn about process, materials, formation, space, and beauty among other ideas.
TOUCH ART TOURS
For students and adults with visual impairments
Click here for more information.
Ready to sign up?
We can help you through the process of:
- Writing your fieldtrip request
- Making classroom and learning connections (MDE Standards, (STEAM, GLCE's...)
- Acquiring transportation
For guided tours and ArtLab please contact Michelle Stempien 269/349-7775 (ext, 3160) or firstname.lastname@example.org