Planning School Visits
Inspire learning, have fun, and help meet Grade Level Content Expectations (GLCE) at the KIA. Add a visit to our Interactive Gallery or a hands-on art project for even more fun.
Budget tight? Tours are free! Many Kalamazoo County K-8 schools qualify for bus transporation rebates busing subsidy (PDF) from KRESA/EFA.
- Tours are free for school groups. Occasional exhibitions are ticketed.
- Tour themes address the needs of different ages and interests.
- Minimum group size is 10; maximum group size is 60.
- Please schedule 3-4 weeks in advance.
- Educator Packets provide information and classroom connections.
- Museum tours help teachers meet Michigan GLCEs.
- Interactive Gallery can be included in your visit.
Tour Sponsors: Santreece Foundation and Pfizer, Inc.
School Tour Options
- Tuesday-Friday, 10 am to 5 pm. Galleries are closed on Mondays.
- K-12 Tours with Hands-on project: Tuesday-Friday, 10-12.
Scheduling Your Visit
- Email or call (269) 349-7775 ext. 3161 to schedule a tour or for more information.
- Call or email with date and time, alternate dates, and any special needs the group may have.
- Groups provide their own transportation.
- Group leaders are encouraged to visit the KIA in advance for a pre-visit tour with museum educators! Call for an appointment.
- The KIA is handicapped accessible. Wheelchairs available upon request.
- School group chaperone requirement: Through 1st grade: 1 adult per 8-10 students; Grades 2 and up: 1 adult per 10-15 students.
- There are no facilities for eating lunch in the museum.