Planning School Visits
Inspire learning, have fun, and help meet Michigan Grade Level Content Expectations (GLCEs) at the KIA. Add a hands-on art-making project to your visit for a small charge.
School tours are free! Many Kalamazoo County K-8 schools qualify for bus transporation rebates busing subsidy (PDF) from KRESA/EFA.
- Tours are free for school groups.
- Tour themes are connected to the exhibitions on view, and are customized for the needs of different ages and interests.
- Minimum group size is 10; maximum group size is 60.
- Please schedule 3-4 weeks in advance.
- Educator Packets provide information and classroom connections.
School tour times
- Tuesday-Friday, 10 am to 5 pm. Galleries are closed on Mondays.
- K-12 Tours with hands-on project are available Tuesday through Friday between 10 am and 12 pm.
- Learn more about preK-2 or K-12 tour options.
Scheduling your visit
- For more information or to schedule a tour, contact Assistant Curator of Youth & Family Programs Jessica Sundstrom at email@example.com or 269/585-9277
- Call or email with date and time, alternate dates, and any special needs the group may have.
- Groups provide their own transportation.
- Group leaders are encouraged to visit the KIA in advance for a pre-visit tour with museum educators, please call for an appointment.
- The KIA is handicap accessible, and we can provide wheelchairs upon request.
- School group chaperone requirement: Through 1st grade: 1 adult per 8-10 students; Grades 2 and up: 1 adult per 10-15 students.
- There are no facilities or space for eating lunch in the museum.
Thanks to our tour Sponsors Santreece Foundation and Pfizer, Inc.