Employment at the KIA
The Kalamazoo Institute of Arts is a leading nonprofit art museum and school. Since 1924, the institute has offered art classes, exhibitions, lectures, events, activities and a permanent collection. The KIA's mission is to cultivate the creation and appreciation of the visual arts in West Michigan. We believe the visual arts are for everyone. They inspire, fulfill, and transform. Throughout the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts, numerous individuals work every day to enrich the lives of others through the visual arts. In addition, faculty members in the Kirk Newman Art School instruct students of all ages in a wide variety of media.
Position Title: DIGITAL CONTENT MANAGER
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
The Kalamazoo Institute of Arts is a leading nonprofit art museum and school. Since 1924, the institute has offered art classes, exhibitions, lectures, events, activities and a permanent collection. The KIA's mission is to cultivate the creation and appreciation of the visual arts in West Michigan. We believe the visual arts are for everyone. They inspire, fulfill, and transform.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Digital Content Manager implements the digital content strategy around programming and media for the KIA. This position will be within the Advancement Department, devoted to client and member services, fundraising and marketing for the KIA including the Kirk Newman Art School. This role will be integral to the development of digital content across the KIA, including but not limited to educational materials, program videos, virtual tours and promotional needs for overall marketing and social media content. The DCM will drive the ideation, execution, and delivery of strategic digital content across the brands digital ecosystem, including: .org, FB, Twitter, Instagram and other new and emerging relevant platforms. A strong level of technical competency is required.
- Help to build the KIA brand identity and online presence through the creation and dissemination of multimedia content maintaining a consistent voice at the KIA.
- Produce and coordinate videos, photoshoots, graphics, and other multimedia content that is fresh, compelling and inspires core audiences to engage in our patron journey.
- Work closely with cross functional departments/teams to design, create and produce successful, creative social media campaigns, as well as digital media campaigns, that markets digital content around our programming overall.
- Maximizing opportunities for engagement and brand building around programming (classes, talks and tours).
- Website- maintain pages to include new products and product descriptions working through web content management systems to track changes in content, manage links, identify & update general data and program content.
- Oversee quarterly Sightlines publication and weekly newsletter.
- An additional collaboration will exist to perform specialized activities in public relations, developing and evaluating budgetary strategies for new features for the website and other digital content to offer relevant user-friendly content maximizing outreach and engagement.
- Ensure that Diversity, Equity, Access and Inclusion are represented in our digital content and materials.
- Manage and keep relevant external community portals/calendars with digital images and content.
- Search out and initiate opportunities for all non-paid/paid digital marketing stories and promotions.
- Design and create dynamic digital content and print collaboration using the latest in film, editing and design software.
- Provide impact reports weekly, monthly and annually.
- Stay current with industry/advertising/cultural trends.
- Work in close partnership with Department heads to ensure all deliverables and deadlines are met, within budget.
- Collaborate effectively with designers, copywriters, consumer engagement and product marketing teams to craft brand and content strategy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement.
- Bachelor s degree preferred, with 5+ years of experience in a digital content position at this level.
- Proficient and experienced in creating and operating videography & photography equipment, and editing software.
- Be highly skilled in writing clearly and concisely, creating content for diverse audiences within a timeline.
- Previous editing experience, as well as an understanding that content must be updated continuously for relevancy and outreach.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, self-starter with initiative.
- A collegial spirit and cooperative approach that facilitates working closely with others.
Physical Job Requirements: While performing this job, the employee will be required to sit, stand, walk, reach, lift/move up to 50 lbs occasionally, do close work with a computer monitor and perform repetitive hand movements. Employee required to be able to have written and verbal conversations.
The KIA is an equal opportunity, equal access employer that is fully committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Please forward a resume with references, examples of work, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Digital Content Manager in the subject line or by mail to Kalamazoo Institute of Arts, 314 S. Park Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49007. No phone calls, please.