Kalamazoo Institute of Arts - October Events
Posted: September 30, 2010
Source: Farrell Howe
Job Title: Marketing & PR Coordinator
Phone: (269) 349-7775 ext. 3112
Kalamazoo Institute of Arts Announces - October Events
Greetings from the KIA!
Welcome to fall! We look forward to the following October events...
- August 28 - October 17 - Beauty amid Thunder: The Past Two Centuries of Chinese Art
- August 28 - October 31 - Strong Women, Beautiful Men: Japanese Portrait Prints from the Toledo Museum of Art
- August 28 - December 5 - Wondrous Ink: Selections from the Richard Fabian Collection
- September 18 - December 12 - Light Works: Photographs from the Collection
- October 30 - January 2, 2011 - In Focus: National Geographic Greatest Portraits
- September 1 - November 30: Art Against Hunger
- October 1: Lecture: Time for Light - Society for Photographic Education
- October 8: Art & All That Jazz
- October 9: Library Story Time
- October 13: Art League Lecture: Strong Women and Beautiful Men
- October 14: Art in the Evening: The Quiet One
- October 16: Saturday Morning Movies at the Library
- October 20: Art League depARTure: Passage to Pottery, Painting and Palate Pleasing Places
- October 21: Artist's Talk: Roger Shimomura
Join us for lunch (12:15 pm) every Tuesday at the KIA and discuss the works of various artists. Bring a lunch! Coffee and homemade cookies provided. Sponsored by the Fountains at Bronson Place.
- October 5: Secrets of China's First Emperor
- October 12: Joy Light: Collecting Chinese Art
- October 19: Chinese Traditional Painting/ Chinese Peking Opera
- October 26: National Geographic's The Photographers
Every Sunday, 2 pm. Free and open to the public. Sponsored by Santreece Foundation and Consumers Energy.
- October 3: The Figure in Beauty amid Thunder: The Past Two Centuries in Chinese Art
- October 10: Light Works: Photographs from the Collection, part 1: People
- October 17: Chinese Painting from Beauty amid Thunder: The Past Two Centuries
- October 24: Light Works: Photographs from the Collection, part 2: Places
- October 31: Strong Women, Beautiful Men
Kirk Newman Art School Events
- September 10 - October 30: Celebration of Woodfire
- October 1: Anagama Pot Luck and Poetry Slam
- October 9: Ikebana Lecture and Workshop
KIA Gallery Shop Events
- October 8: KIA Gallery Shop Jewelry Showcase
The Kalamazoo Institute of Arts is a nonprofit art museum and school. Since 1924, the institute has offered art classes and free-admission programming, including exhibitions, lectures, events, activities and a permanent collection. The KIA's mission is to cultivate the creation and appreciation of the visual arts for the communities of West Michigan.