Meet the 2012 Billboard Art Artists!
Art & All That Jazz at the KIA features the 2012 Billboard Art Artists and Music
Posted: September 10, 2012
Source: Farrell Howe
Job Title: Marketing & PR Coordinator
Phone: (269) 349-7775 ext. 3112
2012 Billboard Art Winner: Fran Dwight
Kalamazoo, MI - Monday, September 10, 2012. You know fall has arrived when Art & All That Jazz is back in season at the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts! Join us on Friday, September 21 at 5:30 pm and enjoy the musical talents of the Cabtown Checkers. Guests will also have the opportunity to meet the winners of the 2012 Billboard Art Contest!
During the winter of 2012, 75 artists from across Michigan competed to be considered for the 2012 Billboard Art Contest. 20 were selected for a public vote. More than 8,500 votes poured in from across the country to narrow down the list to the following top 10 winners:
- Alec Hall, Painter - Allegan, MI
- Melody Allen, Painter - Kalamazoo, MI
- Fran Dwight, Photographer - Kalamazoo, MI
- Colin Howe, Photographer - Kalamazoo, MI
- Nicca Fikkert, Photographer - Kalamazoo, MI
- Rebecca Hungerford, Sculptor - St. Joseph, MI
- Jerry Bowman, Painter - Lawton, MI
- Susan Keen, Painter - Kalamazoo, MI
- Dave Middleton, Drawing - Gobles, MI
- Paul Marquardt, Digital Media - Kalamazoo, MI
All of the billboards were erected in June, and will rotate among 1,300 regional sites for one year.
Come to Art & All That Jazz and meet our Top 10 winners and have the opportunity to shop a selection of their works from their studios!
Art & All That Jazz is sponsored by: