The Kalamazoo Institute of Arts 2012 Billboard Art Contest
Meet our 20 finalists and vote for your favorite!
Posted: April 2, 2012
Source: Farrell Howe
Phone: (269) 349-7775 ext. 3112
Public voting is open April 3-17
2011 Winner, Scott Aldrich
More than 70 artists from across Michigan applied to compete in the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts 2012 Billboard Art Contest. A jury panel selected 20 finalists to compete for the final stage of this competition. Artists were chosen based on the quality of their work, as well as ability to present on a billboard.
The 20 finalists are:
- Alec Hall, Painter - Allegan, MI
- Denise Fletcher, Jeweler - Galesburg, MI
- Rebecca Hungerford, Sculptor - St. Joseph, MI
- Ladislav Hanka, Printmaker - Kalamazoo, MI
- Paul VanHeest, Drawing - Holland, MI
- Melody Allen, Painter - Kalamazoo, MI
- Steve Curl, Sculptor - Plainwell, MI
- Vicki VanAmeyden, Drawing - Battle Creek, MI
- Willa Davis, Digital Media - Jackson, MI
- Chris Light, Photographer - Kalamazoo, MI
- Jerry Bowman, Painter - Lawton, MI
- Amelia Falk, Photographer - Kalamazoo, MI
- Kathy Kreager, Sculptor - Augusta, MI
- Colin Howe, Photographer - Kalamazoo, MI
- Susan Keen, Painter - Kalamazoo, MI
- Fran Dwight, Photographer - Kalamazoo, MI
- Dave Middleton, Drawing - Gobles, MI
- Nicca Fikkert, Photographer - Belmont, MI
- Paul Marquardt, Digital Media - Kalamazoo, MI
- Michael Kifer, Ceramicist - Richland, MI
Public voting will open on Tuesday, April 3 and will close at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, April 17. The public may view these artists' works and vote once per day for their favorite at www.kiarts.org/billboardart. The top 10 artists that receive the most votes will win:
-Their own billboard which will feature one of the images they submitted, their name, their medium and the website to their dedicated landing page hosted on kiarts.org. The billboards will be erected at the end of May, be up for one year and will rotate among 1,300 regional sites in Michigan.
-A dedicated landing page on www.kiarts.org will feature their artwork, a brief biography and contact information.
-A celebration with a mini gallery showing at the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts in September, 2012. Artists will have the opportunity to sell their work to the public.
Congratulations to our 20 finalists! The winners will be announced in mid-April.