Extended Deadline to Enter: March 23!
2012 Billboard Art Contest
Posted: March 13, 2012
Source: Farrell Howe
Job Title: Marketing & PR Coordinator
Phone: (269) 349-7775 ext. 3112
You have seen them all over town - big, beautiful billboards featuring paintings, jewelry, glass, photography and more. The Kalamazoo Institute of Arts and Adams Outdoor Advertising are very excited about the the 2012 Billboard Art Contest!
What's New: Last year, only artists who resided or had a studio in Kalamazoo County were eligible to apply. This year, the contest is open to ALL Michigan Artists!
- Email your bio/artist statement and 5 images of individual works to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver a CD of your works to the KIA. Please label the CD 2012 Billboard Art Contest and include your name, phone number and email address.
- Submit $10 application fee online or mail a check to the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts, Attn: Billboard Art, 314 South Park St., Kalamazoo, MI 49007
- An artist panel will review applications and select 20 candidates
- The public votes on the Billboard Art webpage to select the top 10 winners
- The top 10 winners will have their artwork featured on a billboard for one year
- Winners will receive 1-year use of billboard displaying artist's name, medium, art image and a website address
- Billboards rotate among 1,300 regional sites for one year
- Winners will be featured on the KIA's Billboard Art webpage (with a link to their websites) for one year
- Winners will be celebrated at a KIA reception in October 2012, and presented with an opportunity to sell additional works
- Entries must be suitable for a 14' x 48' billboard
- All mediums are welcome
- Winners must pay $300 to cover half of the cost of the billboard art vinyl production charges
- The KIA reserves the right to adjust artwork images to fit billboards
- Art work must be suitable for public space and not contain nude or profane materials
- To be considered, artists must read and adhere to all rules and regulations regarding the 2012 Billboard Art Contest. To review those rules, click here.
- March 1: Application process opens
- March 23: Application process closes
- March 26-30: Top 20 artists are selected by a jury
- April 2: Artist notification
- Public voting: April 3-17
- Top 10 announced: mid-April
- End of May: Billboards are created, erected and displayed for rotation until May 2013
To view the winners from the 2011 Billboard Art Contest, click here.