2011 High School Area Show
May 21 - June 19, 2011
Posted: May 11, 2011
Source: Farrell Howe
Phone: (269) 349-7775 ext. 3112
Jake Vogds, Opal Consciousness, oil painting. 2010 winning entry.
The Kalamazoo Institute of Arts is excited about the upcoming 2011 High School Area Show! This annual, juried exhibition features the work of high school artists 18 years-old or younger in grades 9-12 residing in Allegan, Barry, Berrien, Branch, Calhoun, Cass, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph and Van Buren counties.
There will be a reception on Friday, May 20, 5-7 pm, with an Awards Ceremony at 6 pm.
The artists are juried by Paul Flickinger and are eligible for the following prizes:
- $100 cash awards and honorable mention awards (six available)
- $100 KIA Kirk Newman Art School summer 2011 scholarship
- Up to 3 Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University Portfolio Scholarships of up to $12,000 each
- Up to 3 Cleveland Institute of Art scholarships of up to $40,000 for high school seniors
- $500 Cleveland Institute of Art Summer Program scholarship for a sophomore or junior available
The High School Area Show is one of our most popular exhibitions at the KIA. Don't miss the opportunity to see the tremendous talent of these young artists! Admission is free, and there is also a free public tour of the exhibition on June 12, 2 pm.
The 2011 High School Area Show is sponsored by Educational Community Credit Union. The exhibition is free of charge and open during normal gallery hours at the KIA: Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday from noon-5 p.m.
(Digital images of last year's show are available immediately. Digital images of the 2011 award-winning works will be available for publication beginning Monday, May 23)