Calling all Artists!
Get Your Art Featured on a Billboard!
Posted: February 7, 2011
Source: Farrell Howe
Job Title: Marketing & PR Coordinator
Phone: (269) 349-7775 ext. 3112
Imagine your name in the sky, with your art on display for tens of thousands to view every day! Publicity like that typically costs thousands of dollars, but is now available at a very low cost to artists.
Application Deadline: March 14, 2011
Applying artists must submit:
- 1-page artist bio/statement
- 5 digital images of artwork
- $10 application fee (non-refundable)
- An artist panel will review applications and select 20 candidates
- Public vote at the Billboard Art web page (www.kiarts.org/billboardart) will select 10 winners
- Winners will be "awarded" a billboard with the ability to stay up in the market for 1 year that displays (see example below): - An image of their work - His/her name - An address to a website with contact information
- Billboards will rotate among 850 sites across West Michigan, as billboards are rented.
- Winners will be featured on the Billboard Art web page (with a link to their websites)
- Winners will be celebrated at a KIA reception in their honor (at which they can display work)
- Billboard Art is open to artists who live or operate studios in Kalamazoo County
- Entries must be suitable for a 14' x 48' billboard
- Featured work must be suitable for public space and not contain nude or profane material
- All mediums are welcome
- Winners must pay $250 to help cover billboard vinyl production charges
- The KIA reserves the right to adjust artwork images to fit billboards
- Artists may review a layout of "their" billboard before installation
- Entry Deadline: March 14 ● Artist Notification: March 21
- Public Voting: March 28 ● Artwork Display: May 2011-May 2012