Right now at the Kirk Newman Art School
Registration for spring and summer terms will begin on February 8 for KIA members, on February 15 for the public.
About the Kirk Newman Art School
We are a community-based, non-degree art school offering:
- 300+ classes for over 3,000 students each year.
- Classes for ages 4 years through adults.
- 12-week fall and winter terms with weekly classes.
- Shorter courses in specialized subjects each term.
- 6-week spring term and 8-week summer term.
- Children's and Teen's spring and summer Art Camps.
- Scholarships for adults, teens, and children.
Classes are offered in photography, digital media, design, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, painting and drawing, printmaking, fiber, glass fusing, art appreciation, foreign languages and children's art.
School Facilities surpass most college and university art departments.
- Ceramics: Electric, gas, salt, and raku kilns plus two off-site, wood burning, anagama kilns
- Sculpture: Clay, metal welding, wood and bronze casting foundry
- Jewelry: Fabrication equipment, vacuum and centrifugal casting, sand blaster, rolling mills and kilns
- Printmaking: Intaglio, photo etching, woodblock, lithography and serigraphy
- Fibers: 20 floor looms, spinning wheels, equipment for felting and dyeing
- Photography: 12 enlargers, chemistry and systems for alternative processes
- Computer lab: 20+ state-of-the art Macintosh computers, Epson image and film scanners and archival printers
- Glass fusing: facilities for kiln-formed and kiln-fused glass
Find information about the certificate program for adults and teens
Learn about our team building workshops for business groups
Suggestions for a course of study
If you have any questions about which classes are appropriate for your level or which classes to take next, email the Registration Office or call (269) 349-7775, ext. 3101, for guidance.
Park free in our Lovell Street and South Street lots. On-street metered parking is free after 5 pm and on weekends.
Small and large lockers are available for rental through the Registration Office.