2012 Billboard Art Contest Rules
To qualify for the 2012 Billboard Art Contest, artists acknowledge via their participation to accept and abide by the following rules and regulations:
1. In order to diversify the contest, the winners of the 2011 Billboard Art Contest will not be able to participate in the 2012 competition, but may apply for subsequent contests.
2. Artists must submit a bio/artists statement (brief description of your style, how long you have been working, your inspiration, include website information if you have one, etc.) and 5 individual images of work to be considered. Images may not be commercial advertisement publications such as a flier or postcard.
3. Artists must accept that only one image will be used for the billboard, for example, if your medium is jewelry, only one jewelry piece will be featured.
4. Artists must apply individually. If artists wish to be considered as a collaboration, each artist must submit the $10 application fee.
5. Only artist's names and media will be featured on the billboard. Business names will not be considered. For example: John Smith will be shown on the billboard as John Smith, Painter, kiarts.org/smith, not Business AB, Gallery, kiarts.org/Business AB.
6. The top 10 winning artists must agree via a signed contract to appear at the artist celebration held in September during Art & All That Jazz.
7. The top 20 candidates must adhere to the public voting regulations below or they will be disqualified from the contest.
Public Voting Regulations
1. The top 20 candidates selected to participate in the public voting contest are allowed to promote their candidacy using any advertising they wish, including social media.
2. The voting system will allow visitors to vote once per day. In order to make the contest as fair as possible, the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts reserves the right to disqualify any artist we feel has engaged in poll tampering (example: utilizing a service to vote multiple times in succession in order to skew the survey results in their favor).