Exhibitions drawn from the museum's collection are always on view in our lower level galleries.
The collection, originally developed to complement the KIA's art school, focuses on:
- American painting, sculpture and ceramics
- American and European works on paper,
16th century and later
American art is the strength of the KIA's collection, which includes works by Alexander Calder, William Merritt Chase, Dale Chihuly, Richard Diebenkorn, Janet Fish, Helen Frankenthaler, Franz Kline and Andy Warhol.
In recent years, the collection has been expanded to include:
- Oceanic objects
- Pre-Columbian gold and ceramics
- African art
- East Asian art
For more information about the collection see:
Collection Related Events
- Jun 9 ARTbreak : Rediscovering Nina Belle Ward with Associate Curator Karla Niehus
- Jun 18 Get the Picture: Larry Poons and Goodbye Vinnie
- Jul 2 Gallery Talk: Celebrity Sightings
- Jul 9 Gallery Talk: Face It!
- Jul 16 Get the Picture: Mathias Alten's Husking Corn at Dusk
- Jul 30 Gallery Talk: You Can Make Art Out of That?
|Image Rights and Reproductions|
|Images of works in the KIA's collection may not be copied or reproduced without advance permission from the KIA. For information on how to obtain reproduction rights, please contact our registrar. Please note that, for some works, it may be necessary to obtain copyright permission from a third-party copyright holder before an image will be released.|