Exhibitions drawn from the museum's collection are always on view in our lower level galleries.
The collection, originally developed to complement the KIA's art school, focuses on:
- American painting, sculpture and ceramics
- American and European works on paper,
16th century and later
American art is the strength of the KIA's collection, which includes works by Alexander Calder, William Merritt Chase, Dale Chihuly, Richard Diebenkorn, Janet Fish, Helen Frankenthaler, Franz Kline and Andy Warhol.
In recent years, the collection has been expanded to include:
- Oceanic objects
- Pre-Columbian gold and ceramics
- African art
- East Asian art
For more information about the collection see:
Collection Related Events
- Jul 9 Gallery Talk: Face It!
- Jul 10 Art Hop: Books into Art and Open Galleries
- Jul 16 Get the Picture: Mathias Alten's Husking Corn at Dusk
- Jul 16 Talk: Sculptor Al Lavergne and The Gift
- Jul 23 Gallery talk: This Land is Your Land
- Jul 30 Gallery Talk: You Can Make Art Out of That?
- Aug 13 Class : Chinese Ink Painting- Blooms and Wine with Xiaoying Li
- Sep 10 Talk : Manierre Dawson: Engineering Abstraction with Jane Connell, curator
- Sep 15 ARTbreak : Talk: Manierre Dawson, Inventions of the Mind with author Sharon Bluh
- Oct 13 ARTbreak : Duchamp, De Chirico, Dawson: The Early 20th Century Avant-Garde with
|Image Rights and Reproductions|
|Images of works in the KIA's collection may not be copied or reproduced without advance permission from the KIA. For information on how to obtain reproduction rights, please contact our registrar. Please note that, for some works, it may be necessary to obtain copyright permission from a third-party copyright holder before an image will be released.|