How To Schedule A Docent Guided Tour
FOR ALL GROUPS:
- Email or call (269) 349-7775 ext. 3162 during business hours to schedule a visit or for more information.
- Please schedule 4 weeks in advance.
- Please have preferred date, time, type of tour, expectations for the visit and any special needs the group may have. Alternate dates are helpful.
- Tours are free unless otherwise specified. Occasional exhibitions are ticketed.
- Minimum group size is 10; maximum group size is 60, except where noted.
- Tour times: Tuesdays-Fridays, 11 am to 5 pm. Galleries are closed on Mondays. School and Home School Tours with Hands-on projects: Tuesday-Friday, 10:00 am -12:00 pm.
- Tours are 1 hour in length unless otherwise specified or by request.
- The KIA is handicapped accessible. Wheelchairs are available upon request.
- The museum has no lunch facilities for groups.
- Groups provide their own transportation.
SCHOOL AND HOME SCHOOL GROUPS:
- Qualifying Kalamazoo County K-8 school groups pay only $25 for busing costs with a Transportation Rebate from KRESA EFA.
- Chaperone requirements: 1 adult per 10 students
- A pre-visit gallery walk-through with a museum educator helps group leaders plan ahead. Call for an appointment.
- Please call to schedule with us to help avoid conflicts with other groups.
- Pre-school, family, home school and elementary groups can borrow fun and educational activities available in the Interactive Gallery.