2012 Kalamazoo Institute of Arts Fair
Posted: May 22, 2012
Source: Farrell Howe
Job Title: Marketing & PR Coordinator
Phone: (269) 349-7775 ext. 3112
Kalamazoo, MI - Tuesday, May 22, 2012. It's almost here, the official start of summer in Kalamazoo! Join us at the 61st Annual Kalamazoo Institute of Arts Fair, presented by Chase Bank in Bronson Park, on June 1-2! The Kalamazoo Institute of Arts Fair is part of the June Jubilee celebration that is expected to draw hundreds of thousands of guests to downtown Kalamazoo, May 31 - June 3.
Location: Bronson Park, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Dates: Friday & Saturday, June 1-2, 2012
Time: Friday: 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. & Saturday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (EST)
This year's Fair will fill downtown Kalamazoo's Bronson Park with colorful tents crammed with artwork by 190 artists. But there's more than just art. An array of attractions is also presented, ranging from live music to vintage cars to savory foods.
Special Guest: Dave Coverly! Cartoonist and Plainwell, Michigan native, Dave Coverly is well known for his nationally-syndicated comic strip, Speed Bump. Coverly designed this year's Art Fair t-shirt and will be our special guest, signing t-shirts, books and more. The t-shirt design will be unveiled at a party honoring our guest on May 31, 5:30 - 7 p.m. at the KIA.
Here is a snap shot of Art Fair events:
- Toast to Comics with Dave Coverly/Arts Fair T-shirt Unveiling: Thursday, May 31, 5:30 - 7 p.m. @KIA
- Artists Booths: June 1, 3-8 p.m. & June 2, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. @Bronson Park
- Bell's Beer Garden: June 1, 5-10 p.m. (featuring musical guest Whiskey Before Breakfast band who will perform 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.) @KIA
- Vintage Car Cruise-In: June 1, 5-9 p.m. @KIA South St. Parking Lot
- South St. Food Promenade: June 2, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. @Bronson Park
- Live Music: June 1, 3-8 p.m., June 2, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. @Bronson Park
Friday, June 1
- 3-4 p.m.: Kalamazoo Central High School Jazz Combo
- 5-6 p.m.: Kalamazoo Sax Quartet
- 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.: Singer Dan Hook
- 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.: Whiskey Before Breakfast (performing at Bell's Beer Garden)
Saturday, June 2
- 10-11:30 a.m.: Cellist Betsy Start
- 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.: Balloon artist Rick Lansdale
- 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.: Singer/Songwriter Maggie Hudson
- 12-1 p.m.: Cloggers 'n Taps dancers
- 1-2:30 p.m.: Guitarist Steve Kamerling
The 2012 KIA Art Fair is sponsored by:
Presenting sponsor: Chase
Lead sponsor: Discover Kalamazoo
For more information, please call (269) 349-7775, visit our website at www.kiarts.org/artfair and Like our Art Fair Facebook page where you can preview the work of many of the artists attending this year's Fair!