Kalamazoo Institute of Arts Announces 2012 Billboard Art Contest Winners!
Posted: April 18, 2012
Source: Farrell Howe
Phone: (269) 349-7775 ext. 3112
Scott Aldrich, 2011 Winner
- Alec Hall, Painter - Allegan, MI
- Melody Allen, Painter - Kalamazoo, MI
- Fran Dwight, Photographer - Kalamazoo, MI
- Colin Howe, Photographer - Kalamazoo, MI
- Nicca Fikkert, Photographer - Kalamazoo, MI
- Rebecca Hungerford, Sculptor - St. Joseph, MI
- Jerry Bowman, Painter - Lawton, MI
- Susan Keen, Painter - Kalamazoo, MI
- Dave Middleton, Drawing - Gobles, MI
- Paul Marquardt, Digital Media - Kalamazoo, MI
In March, nearly 75 artists from across Michigan submitted their artwork for this year's competition. 20 finalists were selected by a jury panel who critiqued artists' work both on its artistic merit and ability to present well on a billboard. During April 3-17, the 20 finalists were narrowed down to 10 winners by public vote. Public participation of more than 8,500 votes far exceeded last year's participation which garnered slightly more than 2,000 total votes.
Each of these winning artists will receive a billboard that will feature an image of their artwork, their name, their medium and a direct link to their website page hosted on the KIA website. The billboards will rotate among 1,300 regional sites in Southwest Michigan for one year. The billboards will be erected at the end of May.
The 2012 Billboard Art Contest winners will be feted at a celebration with a mini gallery showing during Art & All That Jazz in September. The public will have the opportunity to meet the artists and purchase their work. A date will be announced once it has been finalized.
Congratulations to our 2012 Billboard Art Contest winners!
Images available upon request.